District Sitter is an elite boutique nanny agency providing the best child care service for families and organizations in the DMV area. The District Sitter team covers all your childcare related needs – from full-time nannies to hotel sitters to special event care so you never fall short on child care. District Sitter has an amazing team of professional, reliable, and trustworthy nannies and sitters, all thoroughly vetted through an extensive interview process.
The District Sitter team verifies all candidate references and asks the right questions to make sure they are the right fit for your family. All candidates are CPR and First Aid certified, have clean background checks, and are trained to comply with the highest operating standards.
Their goal is to create a safe, reliable, and inclusive community for families and nannies to work together and provide kids with the love, care and attention they deserve.
Every parent can relate to the challenges we go through while trying to find the right caretaker for our children. Based on your family’s needs, District Sitter will personalize a curated list of sitters for you to review and select from.
They can provide date night sitters, last minute back up nannies as part of the membership packages, and part-time babysitters so you can enjoy your special occasion or just have some well-deserved personal time when you need it.
From sorting through the various job posting platforms to sifting through dozens of application, conducting interviews to paying for background checks, finding the right caregiver for your child can take hundreds of hours.
Hours that you could be spending with your family. Let District Sitter take the stress out of your search. Here is a little glimpse into their process.
You call the shots. Families seeking care through District Sitter must fill out the registration, client-agency agreement and survey information on what your ideal candidate looks like.
District Sitter will schedule a call with one or both parents to discuss further requirements and any clarifications such as Nanny’s compensation & benefits, desired personality traits, professional experience, pet-peeves, urgency, expectations and ideal time frame for hiring them.
DISTRICT SITTER TAKES THE WORK FROM THERE:
- District Sitter posts job to initiate candidate search, saving you time and the cost of posting on reputable sites.
- District Sitter interviews best match candidates in person, saving you hours of scheduling hassle.
- District Sitter verifies candidates’ information and credentials, such as CPR & First aid certifications, work authorization etc.
- District Sitter checks candidates references, saving you hours of phone tag.
- District Sitter provides the family with the best 3-4 candidates’ information for family to revise and interview streamlining your selection process to only qualified caregivers.
- You tell District Sitter your pick and inform us of the job offer and desired start date for your candidate.
- After the District Sitter hiring Fee is paid, DS will turn over W2 information and you will be able to start with your new nanny!
Are you looking for the perfect family? Tired of dead end job posts and navigating negotiations for pay and benefits alone? We have your back and would love to help you find your perfect family match.
All nannies and child care providers that want to be part of the agency must first apply through districtsitter.com or directly to the job post. We are actively looking for caregivers with full-time, part time and evening/weekend availability.
BECOMING A DISTRICT SITTER
- Every applicant must submit a resume and at least two references.
- District Sitter will interview you by phone first, and then follow up with in-person interviews – we want to know who you are and what you are looking for in a job so that we can match you with families who fit your schedule and salary needs.
- Prior to beginning the family search, candidates must sign a Nanny-Agency agreement for signature. This non-exclusive agreement protects your privacy during the search process.
- District Sitter will coordinate with you and your families to set up an in-person interview.
- In order to protect your negotiating interests, you must keep in touch with District Sitter and provide feedback from the family interview
- You may be asked to do paid trial days for a potential family to ensure a proper fit. District Sitter stands by our nanny clients and will fight to ensure that you are fairly compensated for any work performed for any family.
- Once a fit has been established, District Sitter will provide you with your job offer, which you may accept or decline.
Meet the Owner: Eugenia Siero
Eugenia was born and raised in Venezuela. She moved to New Orleans right after high school to learn English. Eugenia was awarded a full scholarship to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Film, Theatre and Communications at the University of New Orleans. Eugenia also has a Masters degree in business administration with a concentration in Arts and Nonprofits.
In 2015 she decided to move to Washington DC to pursue a career in Theatre administration and continued to work as a part time nanny on the side. Eugenia has always had a calling to work with children and has been in the childcare industry for over 15 years.
Eugenia discovered a huge need for nannies and caregivers in the DMV area. She cared for several children in high profile households and fell in love with becoming a career Nanny and helping families. After two years in Washington, DC Eugenia decided to create her own Nanny placement agency in 2017.
Her mission is to nurture a reliable support system for parents, nannies and children. District Sitter is a loving, inclusive, and trusted community of childcare professionals with the highest standards and work ethic.
“For the past six years, District Sitter has been dedicated to providing exceptional childcare solutions that meet each family’s unique needs. We’ve had the pleasure of connecting countless clients with reliable and experienced nannies who have become an invaluable part of their lives. It brings us immense joy to witness the bonds that have formed between caregivers and children under our care. As we reflect on our journey over the past six years, we are immensely grateful for the relationships we have built with each one of our district families as we call them. Their trust in District Sitter has allowed us to grow and continually improve our services. We are genuinely committed to maintaining the highest standards of excellence so we can serve families for as long as they need us and adapt to our client’s household needs,” said Eugenia.
District Sitter is a boutique nanny agency in located in Washington, DC. From weddings to corporate functions and charity events, they aim to provide every client with peace of mind. District Sitter comprises a vetted team of professional, reliable, and trustworthy nannies and sitters. Depending on the package you opt for, they will bring age-appropriate toys and games, arts and crafts projects, books, songs, story times, playing packs, and pillows. You can also customize said offerings to your needs and budget. No matter your choice, the sitters will make sure the kids are safe and entertained with fun games and activities throughout the day. Please note they require a minimum of four hours for event bookings and at least two weeks of notice in order to render the best quality service.